Brooke partners with individuals who, for a variety of reasons, are looking to reassess their careers. Common scenarios:
- You have achieved the financial and career success you desired, but are left asking: “Is this it?” You were hoping for more satisfaction after grabbing that brass ring.
- You may be beyond burned out. Though successful, your career has come at the cost of your most significant relationships or your health, and you need to design a better way to work and live.
- You understand, through careful succession planning, that you have a few years left at the helm; you want to be ready for change when it comes and prepare those around you well.
Whatever your motivation, encore career coaching can help you refocus and plan your next moves.
Encore coaching is not necessarily linear. It demands patience, but is also enlivening, creative, and activity-based.
You will begin by evaluating your journey thus far, reading the events of your life like a good novel. What are the themes and motifs? Who were the heroes and villains? What key values, needs, and interests come up again and again? This work will build the foundation for what’s next.
Then, you will experiment. You will identify and test multiple identities and potential paths, all the while paying attention to your distinctive interests and what they have to teach you:
- Collectors may spend time at the Art Institute pondering what their love for art reveals about their purpose.
- Athletes may debrief their big race to see what it reveals about their drive.
- Those trying to define the “good life” may read a classic novel for illumination.
The goal of these activities is to generate valuable insights to guide you into what’s next.